Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Edging Out Destiny's Child

I was jogging through the profiles of members in an AOL chatroom the other day and ran across something peculiar. In the profile of a guy I shall call Edgemaster, were listed some of the sexual acts that he likes to get into. They included: "bondage, spanking, blindfolds, jockstraps, home invasion, edging, abdominal muscles, and voyeurism."

Two things caught my eye as unusual (with respect to being listed on a profile). I had heard of guys getting into "home invasion"--sitting in your unlocked house blindfolded while you arrange for some guy to come over and "break in" and have his way with you.

But the other activity, EDGING, I had never heard of before. So I quickly contacted (instant messaged) the Edgemaster and asked him, "What is edging?" He replied that it is "taking someone to the point of cumming but not letting them go over the edge -- resting and repeating over and over. You get really sensitive, and then when you finally let it fly. It REALLY flies."

I paused and sat looking at the computer screen for a moment, with my mouth in the shape of an "O". I had just said "oh." I started thinking about whether I engage in edging when I have intercourse.

I thought really long and hard, and realized that I couldn't remember the last time when I had delayed gratification during sex. I could think of countless times when I was younger (like 23 or 24). How I would be having sex and have to slow down because I would get too close. And how I would have to do this over and over and over again. I was like a machine with a button. Everyready and evercharged.

But today, just like a broken refigerator can't hold ice water, I can't hold on to an orgasm if i get close. What's happened to me? I thought the older you got the more seasoned and experienced you were supposed to get. Now that I am older its like my skills are waning. Or maybe they're not waning--maybe its just that I cared what sex partners thought about me in my early 20s--and now that I am older, I don't. If they get theirs it's cool. But if not. Oh well.

Have I become sexually selfish? A selfish lover can't be good--regardless of the status of the sex partner (i.e., one-night stand, casual encounter, fuck-buddy, or potential lover). Surely, not caring about someone else's orgasm was bad bed karma.

So I set up a sex clinic for myself to get some good karma flowing through me (and my bed). As someone who is not that into masturbation--unlike when I was 23. I have decided to start masturbating more--but not for release, but for the sole purpose of edging. Getting close and relaxing. I have to build my tolerance. I have to start going the distance. Maybe Destiny's Child asked the right question in the title of one of their newest songs: "Can you keep up?"

Aside: For those who don't know about Destiny's Child, or who despise them like me, the song is about a girl singing to a guy, "Can you keep up? Baby boy make me lose my breath, hit it hard, make me lose my breath." Of course as with most music today, you don't have to use your imagination to figure out that they are talking about fucking.)

So in my quest to "keep up" I am going to work on edging, and crack open that new "Kama Sutra for Dummies" book that I just bought, and figure out if a gay man can have a lingam AND a yoni.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here