Thursday, December 16, 2004

Gay Games? in Chicago?

I just found out that the Gay Games VII are coming to Chicago in 2006. I don't know much about the Gay Games--and other than the Olympics, some NBA basketball (the Bulls), and Michelle Kwan in figure skating--I am not a big sports fan.

The last Gay Games were held in Sydney. They have a lot of different sports surprisingly. The usual Olympic sports like figure skating, volleyball, track & field, wrestling to things like flag football, pool (billiards), darts, and of all things DanceSport (couples dancing). And of course, the events are for same gender loving peoples.

Honestly, it sounds a bit over the top, but at the same time, I am kind of fascinated by this international event converging on my city. The Sydney Gay Games had over 11,000 athletes. Woah!!! At least half of them will be men, so can you imagine almost 6,000 athletically inclined gay men added to the Chicago surplus for a week? Hmmm. I think I should sign up for bowling...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cement Brunette said...

So is there Sport Fucking? Drag racing? Jazzercise? Karaoke? Extreme Fisting?

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here