Thursday, January 13, 2005

NEWS ALERT: Gay NBA Players?

I just read this news report--and please let me know if I am wrong--but are the Orlando Magic's Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley gay lovers? A few days ago, Mobley was traded from the Magic and Francis damn near broke down. Francis said of his backcourt teammate:

I can't put it into words...Playing with a guy, living with a guy, just knowing that every day when I wake up that's something I can count on, that I'm going to be in practice or in a game with Cuttino...Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for.


Living together? Don't know what else there is to wake up for? Is Francis for real? Or did he just lose his boo to an NBA trade?

4 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

I read an abridged version of this on Yahoo! Sports. At the least, it sounds like they were very tight! They might have been playing house, anything's possible. I personally know of at least one pro balla who is family.

Do you remember Rita Ewing's Homecourt Advantage? She was Patrick Ewing's ex-wife. One of the subplots in her novel involved two NBA players who were quite involved.

Rod
Brotha2Brotha

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why wouldn't there be gay men in the NBA? We're everywhere. (And that Carmelo fantasy is a hot one!)

There are 30 teams in the league, 12 players per team, 360 total players in the league. If you buy the theory that 10 percent of the population is gay, that would make 36 gay players, or an average of one per team with six left over.

Bernie
www.bejata.com

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, this is hilarious. i'll take THEY ARE LOVERS for $1000 alex.

kevinrscott
kevinrscott.com

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*contacts NBA for Steve Francis's home address*

anfanee

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here