Friday, February 04, 2005

Electronic Mumblers and Cyber Stranglings

Why is it that no matter how lazy, exhausted or tired you get, you can always have energy for sex? Lately, between work, this blog, and my new exercise plan--yes, THE SEX finally broke down and decided to work out regularly--I have been extremely exhausted. But I still want to have sex.

So last night I logged on to Adam4Adam. I was sifting through the pictures of the guys that I have met before, the kats I would like to meet, and the brothas who I wish would never hit me up (sometimes I pre-emptively block them, that's cold).

While I am browsing, this brotha hits me up: 23 years old, notbad looking, 6' 155lbs. Everything seemed decent. Except for his lazy ass note:

What's up man.

I usually get annoyed when a guy just sends me a "sup" or "whassup" message. I think it's pretty lame. My feeling is, you're not walking past someone on the street--you're trying to engage them (right?). Why not supplement that "what's up" with a question or comment? Do something, as the initiator to get the party started. But he didn't. So I did what I always do when I get lame intros. I sent that lame shit back to him.

Not much, you tell me.

But this brotha was really lazy,
Not shit, just chillin'

Why the hell did this guy ever approach me in the first place? He's not saying anything. Or is he so boring he thinks that he is having a conversation? It's after 10 PM, and he is holding Internet small talk. But I was feeling "that way", so I decided to sum up a little patience, and pitch in a little extra work to get the conversation going.

That's cool. So tell me man, what are you looking for?

His first detailed answer revealed,

I am just into getting my dick sucked and fuckin.

So I asked him,

When are you looking to do this?

And he immediately went back to being vague,

This morning cause I work.

I was frustrated now. I decided to give this guy ONE LAST CHANCE.

WHEN IN THE MORNING?

And then he put the icing on the cake of annoyance.

I mean it's whenever.
I had to step away from my computer because I was about to cyberstrangle this bitch. Why is it that guys hit you up on the Internet and start electronically mumbling? (Aside: Not to be confused with the Digital Staller, who hits you up saying how tight your pictures are, and then after you respond--NEVER hits you up again.) That's basically what this guy was doing--responding with frustrating, somewhat non-comprehensible, vague, one to two word answers. I sent him one more message saying when he got it together to hit me up.

I have a new rule. If a guy's second response is "chillin", "I'm cool", "not much" or anything other than an attempt to converse--I won't be wasting my time.

10 Comments:

Blogger Brian C. Taylor said...

so explain to me what they are supposed to say to you on adam4adam. i thought that everyone on there did the same thing. whassup... nothin much u?... blah, blah, blah... i mean if they start an actual conversation about something, wont you or others think that they want more than sex... reference No-Strings Lesbians... isnt adam4adam and the non communication almost the same thing? i think i said that right? i mean we would want for them to come right out and say he whats up if you like my profile/pic would you like to hook up... that is too easy for us/them to do. gosh i am rambling...

12:56 PM  
Blogger Bernard Bradshaw said...

B.C.T.
Yeah, you are rambling. I didn't say I wanted a conversation on A4A to turn into a lesbian love fest--what I said was that I would like for the conversation to advance so that we could eventually get our groove on. But the conversation I was having in this post was going NOWHERE. Not to sex, let alone intimacy.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Brian C. Taylor said...

just making sure that i was rambling... but as i said, i do agree with you about the entire conversation concerning adam4adam and other sites of the same nature...

2:01 PM  
Blogger Bernard Bradshaw said...

B.C.T.

Who are you? Where's your blog? Email me please.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I preemptively block people on Adam4Adam too. Hey, it saves me the trouble of being an asshole later, you know? I get what you mean about the conversation though. If both parties have a clear goal in mind (i.e., sex), then cut the shit and let's get to it. No need in being coy; the time you spend chatting with someone who's "chillin" and wants to get down "whenever" could be better used towards giving directions to that guy ready to come over now.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

Just yesterday, Karsh and I were discussing the emergence of "non-speak:" Just chillin, wassup, what's good and all that.

You're absolutely right, it's infuriating. Even more so on a hookup line. Why are you on? To see how potentially you could score?

*Sigh.*

So what did you do? LOL

7:49 PM  
Blogger Brian C. Taylor said...

3200.blogspot.com

8:07 PM  
Blogger Ms. Audacity said...

I rarely load up my messenger just because of this scenario B. I can't stand someone who hits you up online (Male or Female) and don't have shyt to say. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and the chance to articulate themselves.

Why do I do that... Because I am hoping that one day someone will prove me wrong and surprise me! Whether the conversation is of a sexual, intellectual, political, or any other type of nature. Give me something to work with for goodness sakes! Reciprocity. That's what ya get from me!

B. you done sturred up sumthin' inside this Philly Jawn today! LOL

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's more preventive that presumptuous given how people sometimes have short memories of assholish behavior or public displays of jackassery. Someone recently asked me "Sup?" and I replied with "Yes, I just did."

6:55 PM  
Blogger THATGUY_HEATH said...

Now Sex, you know the rules of protocol on Adam4Adam! that guy obviously wanted you to do all of the dirty work. That or either he was just trying to see your private pic. Doesn't matter, either way whenever that happens to me, I just skip the guy immediately.
I mean, if he can't exert enough energy to type out what he wants then he certainly can't be expected to perform when the time comes.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here